Monday, August 10, 2009

WCW District


If you would like to make any size donation we will advertise your business on our banner!





Our home for the weekend.


Chillin' in the shade!

Here's the wind up....

...and the throw...


Caught 'em!



Waiting to start the Potato Race

The passing of the potato poky stick. I got the potato first stab...and I made it all the way back to the other barrel with out dropping it! Yay for me!

Trying not to spill the water

Handing off the ladle for the Water Race

Collision! I can't believe we stayed on! My foot is out of the stirrup!



Picking up the rope

Trevor being dragged (I did this too..though they didn't get any pictures of me)




Trevor Chasing his calf


Team roping...no time...but nobody else got a time so they'll move on to Regions


Team Penning..trying to separate 3 cows from the herd. That's me on the left "settling the herd" though I didn't really have to cause we got our cows out way fast!


We didn't pen our cow, but we had a blast!


After we took first in Parade!

Aww...Don't we look great!


Pairs Pleasure with Kyla. She was my rock! I couldn't have done it with out her!



We really had a most excellent time! Our team is going to regions in Single Barrel, Team Barrels (Both A and B team*), Single poles, team poles, Team Keyhole, Pony Express, Ladies Pleasure, Pairs pleasure*, Reigning, Ranch Cutting, Team penning, Team roping, Parade*, and Drill*. (I get to do everything with a star.) Last year I was in a different club (Saddle Pals) and the only thing we made it to regionals in was Parade, Drill, Ladies Pleasure, Pairs Pleasure, and the hide race so this is very exciting for our brand new club!

2 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Wonderful pictures! It looks like so much fun! I have a better idea of some of the things you mentioned on facebook after seeing the pictures - when you said you were dragged I thought you had fallen off the horse and were being pulled by a foot caught in the stirrups! Your way looks better :) Glad you had fun!

Cider Press said...

You left a message on my blog Chariot Races. I cannot give you a lot of info, but I can put you in contact with some people who raced them and the person show says he can make one.
toadhillminis@gmail.com